Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lush Cosmetics.

Over the next couple of days, I will be posting about all the various brands I have confirmed information from. But first, I'd like to share the response I received from Lush. I'm used to waiting a couple of days for a response when I contact a company via e-mail, but I received one in less than 30 minutes. How amazing is that!

As you can see, a list of the ingredients to look out is listed, instead of the actual safe products. I took a look at the website, and based on this, it looks like it will be pretty easy to go through and make a "safe list", which I'll be doing soon. Stay tuned!

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We use several different ingredients that you will want to stay away from, for example Lush uses:


-Cognac Oil (this is mainly found in a few of our Christmas items)
-Fresh Wheatgrass Mucilage (in our Cosmetic Lad moisturizer)
-Wheatgerm Oil (found in our Soft Touch body butter and our Chocolate Whipstick lip balm)
-Beer (in our Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo)
-Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (in our Enzymion moisturizer, Skin’s Shangri-la moisturizer, and Smitten hand cream)
-Oat Infusion (in our Chocolate Whipstick lip balm)
-Oat Milk (In our Ceridwen’s Cauldron bath melt, our Dream Cream body cream, Ambrosia shaving gel, and King of Skin body Butter)

This is not a totally comprehensive list of products, so it is always a good idea to read the ingredients carefully, and to call us and ask if you are unsure. We provide a complete list of ingredients on our website, at www.lush.com and also in our Lush Times magazine. If you have any questions about a specific product or ingredient, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-733-5874, we are always more than happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment